Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748232 Members
3478 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Console already in use

Stuart Moore_3

Remote Console already in use

I am using RDP with BL20p servers and 2 of the servers let me access the web page of the lights out but when I goto console instead of letting me log in again, (p.s. is it normal to have to do it again?) it says that the "requested service is unavailable, it is already in use by a different client"
11 REPLIES 11
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

I notice that if you bring up remote console, then exit remote console, and bring back up remote console again, you may get this error. A work around for me is to reset iLO by clicking on the apply button in the network settings page.
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Your certificate may be getting messed up some how, try closing the browser and logging back in and see if that helps.
Peter Vogensen

Hi I have the same problem here:-( If you find a solution to the problem I would be grateful if you would post your answer here.

Thanks in advance.
Pete Vogensen
Stuart Moore_4
Occasional Advisor

I must admit it seems to have righted itself now, the blade servers in question have been shutdown a couple of times. I have no real solution I'm afraid.
Jason Gorell_3

I had a similar situation on a ML350 G3 RILOE II. The firmware was already at 1.11 and I could log into the web page successfully. All functions worked except the Remote Console. It would bring up a black screen with the "...different client." message. Reapplying the firmware corrected the issue.
Radovan Balcar

hi all,
is could you please provide BIOS version (date) and ILO/RILOE firmware version you saw the issue with ??

rgsd
Doug Zwinck
Occasional Advisor

Clicking Apply on the Network Settings page worked as a temporary fix but I'd like to see a solution from hp. I'm running several different servers (BL, DL, ML) and all have iLO firmware 1.50. Thanks for the work around.
Radovan Balcar

hi all,
it seems that the fw 1.55 does fix this issue with Remote Console hung (wer're running beta 1.55 for two monhts now without trouble on multiple servers)

the 1.55 fw made it to web today
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25001-25500/SP25040.exe
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25001-25500/SP25041.exe

rgds
Jose Mu├▒oz_3
Occasional Advisor

I have had the same problem. I shutdown the server and disconnected the power to him; in blade i shudown the server and retired them of bahia. the best solution than has worked to me is reported by bwc in this pagina "To reset iLO by clicking on the apply button in the network settings page".