5640 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Console appear as Black Screen

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Remote Console appear as Black Screen

Hi,

I hit a problem when user trying to launch the Remote Console, the screen appear as black screen (see attached doc).

This is not happen to all users, but maybe 80% of the users. Another 20% have no problem to launch it.

1 thing I realized is when a user logon, if the Active Session appear in the Status Summary page shown as CN=XXX,OU=XXX, then this group of user will faile in the Remote Console launching. If the Active Session shown as the username, then this group of user will not have any problem with that.

I tested 2 users from 1 same machine, however 1 success and 1 faile.

FYI, I'm running RILOE II firmware 1.21 with schema-free AD integration method. I'm using IP address for the Directory Server setting and user logon using the userID only, not domain\userID or UserID@domain.

Please advice. Thanks!!

regards,
BLeng
4 REPLIES 4
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Please try the following when this screen is
displayed
1.Enter the user login name in the "Login
Name" field and then press enter.
2.Now password field is displayed.Enter the
valid password and press enter
3.After step 2,remote console will be
launched.
I have seen this same behaviour for local users from some client machines.

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I know this solution will work.

But previously user using the local account have no such problem and now due to security reason we introduce the use of AD account logon, this issue happen.

I was looking for a proper fix on this cause out of 10 users, I have 8 users actually hit this problem and the other 2 is lucky.

regards,
BLeng
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

You can use the "Full name" of user in the login field. This is shown as "Display name" in the user property of active directory server (as shown in the attached image). short user names will fail.

Eg: Username: shimoga
Initial: s
Last name: karnataka

If full name is "shimoga s karnataka", you can use this to login. (Assuming you have set the proper user context in the directory settings page).
BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

We are currently using the Display name to login. The Display name is configure as same as the User Logon Name.

But still hit the problem.