108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating Firmware via hponcfg

SOLVED
Go to solution
ddunham
Occasional Contributor

Updating Firmware via hponcfg

I'm trying to update the iLO firmware via hponcfg. From what I'm getting out of the manuals, I need to first mount the image on virtual media. Is that true?

From the examples, I've got no problem inserting or ejecting a web image to the "floppy", but I can't find what format the image should be in.

Since this is not an RILOE II board, do I use a "C:..." path? That's the only style shown in the Update_Firmware example.

I'm trying to update quite a few machines to 1.89. I can do this via the web or SSH interfaces, but other things I have to do are already scripted in hponcfg, so updating the firmware that way would be very helpful to me.

Thanks.

--
Darren
2 REPLIES 2
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Updating Firmware via hponcfg

To update firmware via hponcfg, there is no need to mount the image.

For both RILOE-II and iLO, it works the same way. You can use a local path ("C:\....") as you have mentioned above.

Eg:

Also it is better to ensure that you are using latest version of hponcfg.

ddunham
Occasional Contributor

Re: Updating Firmware via hponcfg

*ding* Oh, I see. I simply had not considered that the path in the example was for the running OS. I thought it was a filesystem local to the iLO (that I needed to create via the VM interaction).

(And since I'm on Linux, I was making even less of a connection for that being a host path)

Now that I've modified the path to something useful in this environment, it works perfectly.

Thanks!

--
Darren