Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752617 Members
4220 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Will power down activity reset ILO?

Will power down activity reset ILO?

Hello,

Some of the servers are experiencing relocation and the configured ILO passwords and users are not working anymore. We are able to change the IP and ILO is reachable from the web, but can't login.

So, just want to confirm, is powering down the server and disconnecting the power cable causing reset on the ILO password?

Thank you and hope to have any info soon.

Monique

2 REPLIES 2
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Powering down and disconnecting the power cable won't cause iLO password reset. All the settings of iLO will be available even when power is removed from server.

If you are experiencing problems with password reset, you can use HP Online configuration utility from Operating system present on the server to set the IP/username/password and other values. Check in www.hp.com/servers/lights-out to obtain the utility.

You need to have Administrator/root privilege to run this utility. And also you need to down sample XML scripts available to configure the settings.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I've found it yesterday, the ILO password can be changed using hponcfg.exe /f new_config.xml.

After downloading the ILO configuration, I think I found that somebody removed the Administrator users :)

Best regards,

Monique