5545 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot set disk usage thresholds after installing psp 8.20

Rob Davies_3
Occasional Contributor

Cannot set disk usage thresholds after installing psp 8.20

Hi,

I have recently intalled PSP 8.20 onto a couple of RHEL 5.1 (and since upgraded to RHEL 5.3) systems running on Proliant DL 380's. After installing the PSP, the previously set disk usage thresholds were removed and after returning the slide bars back to where they were and trying to save them ("save thresholds") it un-sets them again (returns them back to 0).

This all worked fine when I was running the old PSP 8.10. My community strings are set correctly for rw (it hasn't changed since I installed the new PSP).

Interestingly, I am able to set CPU usage thresholds, seems to only be affecting the disk usage thresholds.

The version of System Management Homepage that comes with PSP 8.20 is 3.0.0-68.

Has anyone seen this before and been able to resolve it ?

Thanks !
4 REPLIES 4
Dean Farrington
Occasional Advisor

Re: Cannot set disk usage thresholds after installing psp 8.20

cd /etc/init.d
service hp-snmp-agents stop

cd /var/spool/compaq/hpasm/registry/threshold
ls (listing the contents and verifying there are files that look like entry.1, entry.2 and possibly a misc file)
rm * (accept to delete each entry.# and misc file)

cd /etc/init.d
service hp-snmp-agents start

This worked for us
Dean
hc lin
Occasional Advisor

Hello Dean,
I have the same condition, I restart hp-snmp-agents to let SMH show the correct file size before. Now I tried your post to clean entry.*. After restart hp-snmp-agents, from SMH the file system changed.

But after that if our file system changed(for example copy some large file), from SMH the file system still no change.
Of course, if we restart hp-snmp-agents it works again. But it should something wrong. Do you know how to fix it ?

Thanks, hc
Rob Davies_3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much Dean, that worked a treat !

Rob
hc lin
Occasional Advisor

Hello Davies,
Did you try to copy some files to increase the file system size after restart hp-snmp-agents, then check the file system changed in the SMH ? My system is not and I have to re-start hp-snmp-agents again.

Thanks !