Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1754323 Members
2548 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot upgrade ILO ROM using VCA install icon, but can map to repository and execute package.

Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

Cannot upgrade ILO ROM using VCA install icon, but can map to repository and execute package.

We are using HP SIM v5.2 SP1. I used to be able to click the install icon on a server's VCA page to upgrade components. I am getting this error:
Smart Component cp009853.exe was not installed because the file could not be loaded or run by the Version Control Agent. Details shows "cp009853.exe is not a valid win32 application". I am able to map the VCRM repository from the server and install. What's up?
8 REPLIES 8
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot upgrade ILO ROM using VCA install icon, but can map to repository and execute package.

You might try rebuilding the catalogue. I have had to do this occassionally.
Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

Re: Cannot upgrade ILO ROM using VCA install icon, but can map to repository and execute package.

I have rescanned the catalog, but I am still experiencing the problem. I have logged a ticket with HP, but have had no success on a solution yet. See attached file with specific error.
Pat Winton
Occasional Advisor

I have rescanned the catalog, but I am still experiencing the problem. I have logged a ticket with HP, but have had no success on a solution yet. See attached file with specific error.
Warren Schuler

Same problem but with any of the Smart Components. SIM v5.3 SP1. Removed VCA and reinstalled 2.2.0.820.

I can install any of the packs manually just not with the VCA.
Roland Wengert
Advisor

Have the same problem - but only on Cytrix terminal servers, which do not have a C-Drive (systemdrive = O:\). All other servers (2003/2008) work well. Does anyone have the same situation?
Alexey Gromov
Occasional Advisor

I've got it too on Citrix server and Win Domain Controller as well. Manual installation FROM THE SAME VCRM REPOSITORY is successfull.
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Same for me.
VC Agent will not install any components from a Citrix box.
Mike McTamney

I am experiencing this issue on Citrix as well since installing PSP 8.30. I installed the latest version 6.0.0.840 manually after uninstalling the support pack version. I am now able to get rid of the blue ??? in HPSIM but still can't install anything using the VCAgent. Has anyone figured out what on Citrix caused the VCAgent to crash when trying to install something?