New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure or Repair Agents login issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Configure or Repair Agents login issue

Hi,

When I try to use the "configure or repair agents" tool in hpsim, I always get this message:

HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to connect to the target using the provide
d username and password. Please recheck the administrator credentials before run
ning this task again.

I am running the tool with a local administrator.
In step 2 of the wizard, I entered the username of the administrator and the right password (checked multiple times). I tried with the domain field empty and filled in with our domain. Both giving the same result.
I Can log on to the server directly via rdp and login to the system management homepage with the same local administrator.

Is it possible that this local administrator does not have sufficient rights to run the "configure or repair agents" tool from hp system insight manager?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
PNair
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Try connecting to the admin share of the target system with the same user name and password you are using via CRA.

To connect to the admin share of the target system, go to Map->Network Drive->\\\admin$
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks.
I couldn't connect to the admin share so I did not have enough rights to run the CRA wizard on all our servers.
Solved this by configuring the current installed servers manually and putting this configuration in our kickstart procedure for new servers (so I don't have to configure each new server manually)