4986 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Customize Events?

SOLVED
Go to solution
jjkllc

Customize Events?

Is there any way to customize the alerts SIM sends out or is there a way to turn on verbose reporting? We are getting events such as:

Event Name: Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node
URL: http://*nodename*:280/mxportal/MxContextLaunch.jsp?systems=roc-mail1&tool=System%20Page
Event originator: *nodename*
Event Severity: Critical
Event received: 21-Jun-2009, 17:10:05
Event description: Monitor Status Change - Node

Event Details:

CMX TEXT: Disk Resource: device status on node *nodename* of cluster *clustername* became critical.

We have no disk-related errors in the Windows Event Log, so I would like to know exactly what SIM is complaining about.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

There's no way of enabling any kind of verbose reporting.
You can look at the event in HPSIM, that might tell you more.
I no longer work with clusters and this is where the events has come from. But if you can set or change thresholds at the cluster level then you may be able to reduce he errors.
jjkllc

Thanks for the reply. We've set the events to notify us if the severity is Critical or Major. Is that what you meant by threshold?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

No. In the early days of HPSIM you could monitor VMS Clusters (may still be able to) and in there you could set the thresholds for cluster related events.
The events are generated from the Cluster Monitor itself, so it's in there you set the thresholds.
As I say, I'm operating on old memories at this point so I can't give real examples. Under Options, check out Cluster Monitor and then start to look in the Cluster Resources.