New Discussion юеВ

Edit custom software baseline

SOLVED
Go to solution
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Edit custom software baseline

Hi,

I would like to know on which of our servers a particular version of a particular software is installed.
A while ago, I created a custom software baseline for w2k3. The VCA's on our w2k3 servers all point to this custom software baseline.

Now, I would like to edit this software baseline so it only contains the software I want to check on. Does anyone know if this is possible?

(Or any other way to check which servers have the iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.1.0 installed, without having to check each server manually.)

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Re: Edit custom software baseline

There is no way to edit/or modify a CSB.
You have to create another one with the desired components.

Thnx
Predator
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks.
Is there any other way to check which servers have the iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.1.0 installed?

If I have to create a new custom software baseline each time, I also have to log on to the homepage of each server to point them to the right baseline.... Isn't there a way to do this a bit more efficient?
Predator
Trusted Contributor

if CSB is created in one vcrepository, the same can be copied to another repository using "Copy items to another repository" link in version control repository manager.

Thnx
Predator
Predator
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Use Replicate agent settings in HPSIM to configure more VCA to point to same bundle as that of a source VCA.

Thnx
Predator
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks. So this is what I should do:
- create a custom software baseline containing iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.1.0 for W2k3 systems
- log on to the SMH of one system and point the vca to the custom software baseline created above.
- in hpsim, start the replicate agents task for all the systems I want this setting on
- each system that has a "good" software state, has this software installed.

When I want to check with another software, I have to create a new software baseline. Is it possible to remove the old ones?

Thanks.
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Replicate agent settings will not install the CSB in each of the machine, but it will help you to point the entire VCA to point to that CSB in the particular repository.

Delete Items link under catalog tab of VCRM can delete the CSB created.

Thnx
Predator
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

see solution above.