Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752777 Members
6420 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ESXi and HP SIM 5.3 configuring monitoring "failed to create indication subscription"

Matt Penrose
Occasional Contributor

ESXi and HP SIM 5.3 configuring monitoring "failed to create indication subscription"

I have installed the default ESXi ISO from VMware. (Not the custom iso from HP)
I have set up HP SIM 5.3.

I have been unable monitor my ESXi servers using HP SIM.

I understand you need WBEM monitoring without an agent installed, and not SNMP agents installed on the ESXi box. Therefore no software is installed on the ESXi installation.
Please can anyone confirm if you need to install an agent for using WBEM?

I am getting an error message "failed to create indication subscription" when attempting to subscribe to WBEM on the ESXi server.

There appears to be a lot of issues related to setting up HP SIM with ESXi and a variety of methods to resolving this issue, has anyone got a good set of instructions for monitoring an ESXi server?

Kind Regards

Matt
1 REPLY 1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: ESXi and HP SIM 5.3 configuring monitoring "failed to create indication subscription"

If you've installed the Vmware ESXi ISO then you need to download the HP ESXi Offline Bundle for ESXi.
It's installed using the vihostupdate utility as part of the vSphere CLI product.

It needs the host in maintenance mode to install and a reboot of the host to complete.

Go to the appropriate software download page for the server and select the ESXi version.