Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753781 Members
7550 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID 770 - Foundation Agent errors

kmkrause2

Event ID 770 - Foundation Agent errors

I know this was covered before, but the solution of upgrading to PSP 7.5 didn't resolve my problem.

I have a Proliant DL380 running Windows Server 2003. Each time the server starts or the Foundation Agents service is restarted, the System event log records event 770, "The Host Remote Alerter detected an error while attempting to retrieve data from key = CompaqHost\OsPerf\Component\Processor in the registry. The data contains the error code."

The data in the error code is always 000000ea and sometimes the error itsel includes \CompaqHost\OSPerv\Component\Logical Disk.

I've run the PSP 8.0 upgrade and still the problem persists. I've verified all the files in Windows\System32\CPQMgmt\CqMgHost and all show version 8.0. I also confirmed the registry entries for the agent services (HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services) all point to the correct file and path.

The problem initially started after removing iSCSI from th Active agents list to resolve another issue. On the restart of the HP Agents, I received a single instance of event ID 1795 stating that te SNMP module is older than the other modules. After that, I began receiving the event ID 770 messages on a regular basis. Yes, I've tried placing iSCSI back to Active but that didn't resolve the issue and I've verified that the SNMP.exe file is the Windows version 5.2.3790.3959 (srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710).

I've run ProcessMonitor against the cqmghost.exe process and found that it will often query a registry key and return with Name Not Found messages. It then creates the key and adds the current value. This happens each time the data is collected (changed the rate from 2 minute to 3 minutes) every 3 minutes, but the event log message is only generated 3 minutes after the Foundation Agents service initially starts.

Has any other resolution to this problem been found?? I know there were others that hadn't had their problem resolved with the PSP 7.5 upgrade.

Thanks,
Ken
3 REPLIES 3
mgrant6318

Are you still having this issue? We are seeing the same error message on all nodes of our 64bit Windows 2003 SQL clusters. Can you please advise if you have found a resolution?

The PSP 8.15 does not fix it either. I am seeing the same error on a BL460C running Windows 2003 SP2. Any other suggestions?
RLyons1
Occasional Advisor

I'm getting the same error and I'm up to PSP 8.15a; I've got a DL585 G2; I'm running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 (32bit) w/SP2. I've been seeing these come up only occasionally. For the HP folks, I'm wondering if there's a TTL switch within the HP Management Agents for Servers software? Essentially, this is where I've found this error coming from. After a while the server all of a sudden starts dumping alerts in the event log; then when the server is reset they go away.