1752277 Members
4788 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Export ASR configuration

Alex_Zo

Export ASR configuration

Hello,
I'd like to export ASR configuration (just to know if it is enabled or disabled) from All my servers.
I went to the Report Option in our Insight Manager server but did not find anything regarding ASR.
We are running numerous servers and I really don't want check them one by one. Moreover I need to disable massively ASR on all my boxes afterward.
If anyone know a way to export this info, I'll really appreciate this.
For info, we are running SIM 5.0 SP5.
Thanks,
Alex
9 REPLIES 9
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Re: Export ASR configuration

I'm in the same situation, most of our servers still have the default ASR settings and I should disable them all. But I suspect SIM does not collect this information.

What OS are you running? On Linux you can check the status with
hpasmcli -s "show asr"
and disable it with
hpasmcli -s "disable asr"
Maybe this helps...
Alex_Zo

Thanks for your answser Michael.
Unfortnuately we are running Windows 2003 so if anyone else have a MS solution for this question???
Cheers
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

You need to look at the conrep.exe util in the Smartstart Scripting Utility

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/toolkit/index.html

This can read/write XML files that have the ASR setting and timeout in them.

You can gather/change a lot more settings for all your servers.
Alex_Zo

Thanks for your answer Adrian!
Well it works indeed. Unfortunately it does not work remotely and it seems you have to install the 'SmartStart Scipting tool kit' on each server!
I found a way to export the configuration info with the following SQL query:
SELECT dc_SystemName, ASRStatus
FROM DC_ProliantHost

Now, my export show that 95% of my servers have ASR enabled and we obviously want them disable.
Anyone have an idea to script this option??
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Alex,
In HP RDP (Altiris Deployment Solution + Smartstart Scripting Toolkit) the first task in a job is to deploy a system config. Which is exactly what you want to do. It is done remotly by accessing a share and running a command line.

If you are ok to wait till friday and I am in front of my RDP server I can deconstruct what the actual command line is and let you know.
But basically I think its just running conrep from a remote share.
Alex_Zo

Hi,
I went a bit deeper with conrep command line and I don't think it will fit with what I need.
It's efficient to export the hardware config from one server and import it to another box (same model). But we have differents HP Hardware models and we just want to modify ASR without touch others config option.
Thanks anyway
Rene Hasprunar

Hi Alex,

I have the same issue where we need to modify multiple servers and server types to disable ASR.

Did you ever get a solution for this?

Thanks,
Rene
renehasp@gmail.com
RichG

Spent two hour waiting for a sufficient answer on querying the results through a HPSIM report. I received a 10 minute answer which HP simply stated that they do not have this reporting option and they do not collect BIOS info.

I asked since they pull this information via the SMH page was there a way to query this and bring it back to hpsim and they could provide no answer and have no future solutions planned. I did some research on this and there seem to be one or two products which can be integrated into HPSIM to collect wheter or not ASR is disabled / enabled. http://www.tools4ever.com/products/monitormagic/features/server-monitoring/hardware-monitoring/hp-systems-insight-manager/
Zhivko

Hi.

I have the same situation to check ASR status on hundreds of Windows server. I am newbie to scripting. Could you please tell me how to run the SQL query to ASR information..

Thanks,