Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751878 Members
5486 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to change install location/path when installing SIM?

itgrrl

How to change install location/path when installing SIM?

Hi all,

I've inherited a very un-maintained ProLiant server which I'm patching and installing management tools onto. I want to use HP SIM to monitor this server plus a couple of others within the company.

The server is tight for space on the system partition, and fails the pre-flight check for disk space. There doesn't seem to be any way to modify the install path given by the HP installer.

Is there a config file I can modify to tell the SIM installer to install to the D: drive? If I do that, will SIM crap itself post-install?

Any pointers much appreciated...

Cheers,

Jessica

2 REPLIES 2
Tiwari_A
Advisor

Re: How to change install location/path when installing SIM?

Try changing path in silent.xml file found in extract (HPSIM\SIM6000-win\hpsim\win)
the line you are looking for looks like-

-
-
-
itgrrl

Re: How to change install location/path when installing SIM?

Thanks for the suggestion Ashutosh. I eventually figured that I could do that - it's a pity that the standard GUI installer doesn't just give you an option to set the path rather than having to run the silent install...

I'm now bombing out during the silent install with errors about insufficient disk space - even though the volume to which I'm installing has ~28GB free.

It looks like the silent installer still runs the disk space check against the default/system disk and the whole install fails if it doesn't pass! Which seems to reduce the usefulness of being able to set a different install path...

Can anyone confirm that this is in fact what the installer does? If so, that seems like a bug, surely...