HP System Management Homepage 6.2.0
HP System Management Homepage 6.3

HP System Management Homepage 7.0
HP System Management Homepage 7.1.1

HP System Management Homepage 7.2.0.14

HP System Management Homepage 7.2.1.0

HP System Management Homepage 7.2.2

HP System Management Homepage v2.1.15.210

How could I uninstall all these versions from 600+ servers and keep only the last two versions available:

for Windows 2003: HP System Management Homepage 7.2.5.3. 

for Windoiws 2008: HP System Management Homepage 7.5.0.4 . 

e.g.:

On the same server I have(it is a 64-Bits Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition)

CONFIGMGRDB HP System Management Homepage     Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. 7.2.5
CONFIGMGRDB HP System Management Homepage     Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. 7.5.0
CONFIGMGRDB HP System Management Homepage for Microsoft® Windows NT(TM) Hewlett-Packard Company    hpsmhd 7.2.5.3
CONFIGMGRDB HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64 Package  Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. 7.2.5.3
CONFIGMGRDB HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64 Package  Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. 7.5.0.4
CONFIGMGRDB HP System Management Homepage Service for Microsoft Windows (TM)Hewlett-Packard Company    smhstart 7.2.5.3

When I open the Homepage I have

HP System Management Homepage v7.2.5.3     © Copyright 2004-2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
which is correct but how to remove the 7.5.x items?

Thanks,

Dom

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: How to uninstall previous version of HP System Management Homepage

That's strange, when i use HPSUM or VCA/ VCRM it always updates the SMH and not add an other version of the same package. Did you try to updste with HPSUM ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Dominique_10
Advisor

In Add/remove programme only one version exist but it could be anyone. .. not the latest installed.
On disk there are remains from old versions and SCCM inventory is capturing them. Also Nessus vulnerability scan sees these old versions as vulnerabilities.
I have tried manual installation with hpsum , I also pushed the package with SCCM software distribution both do not un install the old versions...really strange. ..
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You could run uninstall batchfiles to cleanup the old installers. That is if there is enough left to uninstall these SMH versions. These scripts need to be run with some deployment tool. A real cleanup from is is not available i'm afraid.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Dominique_10
Advisor

SCCM will be the deployment tool I will use.
Where could I find the un install for each versions without un installing the latest one? Do they have different GUID? Different names?
msiexec /uinstall has not been very successful so far...
Thanks for your help
Dom
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Are they all located in the same directory then ? I would think in one directory there can be only one version of the SMH. Are the binaries of all versions still there or is it a registry scan ?
Kind regards,

Andrew