1755083 Members
4845 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion

HP proliant dl360 gen 9 health check lights falshing amber

Matty269
Frequent Visitor

HP proliant dl360 gen 9 health check lights falshing amber

have an HP proliant dl360 gen 9   running linux as an OS  with a flashing amber health check the server doesn't have a SID display  any idea how to see what is the issue   customer does not know of any software they loaded to check on server just has a keyboard and monitor 

6 REPLIES 6
msobers22
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP proliant dl360 gen 9 health check lights falshing amber

Hello,

Does your customer have iLO configured? The iLO management page will give you access to the health status of all the systems. 

To configure iLO just restart the system  and make sure you connect the iLO port to your network. If you are not using DHCP. You will need to configure a static IP. 

1. Press F9 at POST 
  2. Click System Configuration 
  3. Click iLO Configuration Utility
  4. Disable DHCP
  5. Enter the values for IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway.
  6. Save changes 
  7. Log into iLO using the IP address you assigned. The default Administrator password should be on a sticker on the server. 

I hope this helps.

Matty269
Frequent Visitor

@msobers22 

I read there was a default setup with an IP address and the credentials on the sticker is that true I was not around when the server was installed. Thanks

msobers22
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

The sticker has the following information:

Username: Administrator

DNS Name: 

Password: 

There is no default IP address. You will need to cable the iLO port to the network switch to obtain a DHCP arddress or configure a static IP.

Matty269
Frequent Visitor

msobers22  thanks  last question if I just set the ILO port to static and give it a IP  can I connect directly to my laptop on the same subnet and not connect to the customer lan ?

msobers22
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

If your laptop and the iLO IP address are on the same subnet you should be able to connect with no issues. 

Matty269
Frequent Visitor

Thanks