1754954 Members
3281 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 5.0 Upgrade from SIM 4.2 Errors

Timothy Wilson
Advisor

HP SIM 5.0 Upgrade from SIM 4.2 Errors

I have a SIM 4.2 server that I am trying to upgrade to 5.0. During the installation I get to the point where it asks my credentials for our SQL server which stores the SIM information. It will only let me change the server and the PW. When I look at the database it is incorrect. It is pointing to the Master database. I need to point it to the old database that contains the 4.2 information or I will have to re-enter all of the systems that I currently have configured.

Is there a way to change the database on the SQL server that the installation is pointing to?
3 REPLIES 3
Tony Mariano
Occasional Contributor

I recently upgraded SIM 4.2 to 5.0 also. Even though it says it will use the Master DB, it actually uses the SIM 4.2 DB. You can verify by testing the upgrade on a non-production SIM server first.
Timothy Wilson
Advisor

Even though it should use the correct database it gives the following error when trying to upgrade. I have the correct username and PW for the server.

file attached.
David Latorre
Advisor

Don´t worry at all about the database is being pointed in the installation process, although it points to the master database, it works fine.

I also had a similar problem while upgrading from HPSIM 4.2 to 5.0 some time ago. Although I don´t remember well what was the cause, I think it was due to the MSDE database not properly configured for HPSIM 5.0, I mean, you need to have TCP/IP and "Named pipes" enabled in order to install HPSIM 5.0 (more information in chapter 7 of the "Installation and user Guide"), in HPSIM 4.2 it was not necessary to have TCP/IP enabled...

David