1748171 Members
4367 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 6.0 installation Problem

AndiS
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM 6.0 installation Problem

Running Windows Server 2003 (German) SP2 all Updates installed.

SNMP Service installed
IIS Server installed

Downloaded: HPSIM-Win_C.06.00.00.00_575370-002.exe

Doubleclicking the .exe File ends with a Windowspopup telling me:
(German TexT)
Windows kann diese Anwendung nicht starten, da das Lizensierungssystem verf├дlscht oder besch├дdigt wurde.

(English output):
Windows is unable to start the application, the License System maybe wrong or defect

What the ?!? never saw an output like that before. So i'm unable just to start the installation.

Okay so it's only a zip, I unpacked the file to a directory and try to install the hpsim.
Works fine until he want's to install HPSIM itselft - immediate abort.
I tried to double click the hpsim.exe located under: SIM6000-win\hpsim\win\hpsim\hpsim.exe - same errormessage as stated above.

Any help on that ?
12 REPLIES 12
Adam X. White
Advisor

When you say "I unpacked the file...and try to install the hpsim" did you run sim6000-win\hpsim\win\setup.exe?
AndiS
Occasional Contributor

Yes I've started setup.exe and its starting to install MSSQL Express, OpenSSH and then it tries to install HPSIM which stops immediately with "Setup stoped".

But nothing at the logs why it stops. So when i try to double click the hpsim.exe i get the same error so maybe the error comes from that exe file.
TenMJ

I also have exactly the same issue as described by AndiS. If any one has a solution to this, please post.
Thanks!
AndiS
Occasional Contributor

We "found" a solution, the zip file wasn't able to run unter Windows Server 2003R2 Storage Server.

At the System Setup i got the wrong Serial so the System installed a Storage Server instead of a Standard Version, we tried the same the same File on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard and Windows 7 Professional, it works like charm.

So you maybe have tried it on a Storage Server Version ?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Just a note - you don't need IIS, HPSIM serves its own pages.
Also W2K8 R2 is okay for HPSIM, but if you also want RSSWM you're restricted to the non-R2 version.
AndiS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rob,

thats not the Problem, the problem is that you won't be able just to start any type of installation. You double click at the .exe File and the Windows Message pops up. Fin - you can't do more.

So we tried the same downloaded package on other windows versions, like Win7 and 2003R2 Standard and there you are able to execute the file and start the installation process.

Regards
TenMJ

I am trying to do the installation on a VMware ESX v3.5 Update 3. The guest is running Windows 2003 Standard Edition with SP2 installed.

According to HP web it should be supported:
- VMware ESX v3.5 Update 1 or later running guest on x86

Any ideas are welcome....
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

once i saw this problem and solved by running it as local administrator, check if any of you could try that? let me know if it solves!
TenMJ

I did try to run the installation using the local Admin account today but it still generates same eror message.