1753301 Members
6597 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 6.3 Main Page not Loading

David Claussen
Regular Advisor

HP SIM 6.3 Main Page not Loading

I have an HP SIM 6.3 server running on a virtual Windows 2008R2 Standard server.  Everything has been running great for over a month.  Today, I tried to login to the SM server main page and received an error  saying that IE cannot display the page.  I remoted into the server and I am unable to bring the SIM main page up there either.  All of the services are running, but I can see that every few second, mxdomainmgr.exe will popup on the task list using 90% CPU or more.  After a few seconds, it goes away.  Reboots do not help.  Other browsers have the same issue.  No passwords have changed.  No updates have been installed.  It just stopped working.

Any thoughts out there folks - I am in trouble here.

Dave Claussen

dclausse@scgov. net

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP BladeSystem Infrastructure & Application Solutions to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

Re: HP SIM 6.3 Main Page not Loading

Well, I found the answer myself.  I had changed MY password around the time the problem started - I just realized this fact.

I ran mxpassword -m -x MxDBUserPassword="password" and entered MY new password, restarted the service and all was well.

I have a separate service account that runs the SIM service, so I am not quite sure why MY password would have anything to do with this.  I guess when I installed SIM, and had it create a new DB on our SQL server, I was using MY ID/password. 

Anyone know how to fix that?