Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752786 Members
5966 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM Agent not sending email alert before disk space is run out.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

HP SIM Agent not sending email alert before disk space is run out.

Hi All,

Can anyone here please let me know how to configure the HP SMH or HP SIM agent so that it send out email alert to me when the disk space threshold is 90% full ?

In my case below it is already 0 bytes free but no email alert is sent out.

DiskSpace.JPG

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
4 REPLIES 4
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Re: HP SIM Agent not sending email alert before disk space is run out.

Is this a bug or known issue on this version of HP SMH agent ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Albert,

Normaly you would set a treshhold that sends a trap and then you configure SIm to send email(s) depending on you automatic event handling configuration.. So do you want your SMH agent to send email or do you want to centralize this in SIM ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

@Andrew_Haak, Since I wanted to get the instant result rather than waiting for the HP SIM job scan, I prefer SMH agent to send email to my team.

So how can I do that ?

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Just to check a few things,

You did run the wizard to enable this feature, start the Event Notifier Config, in the first screen you need to configure your from address and mailserver. You can access this mailserver from the server?. Next configure the destination adresses.

Now select the alerts you would like to receive. Now to set the threshold, open the System Management Homepage. Go to Tasks> FileSystem Space Used. Here you can set the Thresholds if you have java installed. So run this from a system that has java installed.

By the way, if a threshold is crossed a trap is send and the event should arrive with relative speed...

Kind regards,

Andrew