1752795 Members
6182 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM agents and NNMi 8.1

Daniel Denney
Advisor

HP SIM agents and NNMi 8.1

I need to monitor Proliant server hardware (disk, fan, power supply, etc ) failures. I have NNMi 8.1 installed and the nodes are discovered, but not monitoring the above failures. I do not want to install a SIM manager, but is it possible to install the SIM sub-agents on the managed nodes to send failure notices to NNMi management server? If so, how do I install just the sub-agents?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...not screaming in terror like his passengers!
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

Actually you need HP insight agents on the ProLiant servers + the nnm integration module to allow better management of these servers in NNM.

Take a look at the folowing page :
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/openview/index.html

features ;
Automatically discovers and displays HP nodes running Insight Management Agents on the NNM management map.
Populates HP hardware status to all OpenView NNM maps
Identifies and records HP SNMP events in the NNM Event Log
Translates and displays HP SNMP events for system hardware and related services in the Event Browser

Here is the link to the user uide :
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/management/HPInsightNNM34.pdf

download page of the integration module to install on the NNM server:

https://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/try.do?productNumber=IMOVNNM

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

ooops I was too quick..this version only supports NMM up to version 7.53

And I don't know the timeline for the next release...

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Daniel Denney
Advisor

Thanks Fred. Do you have any idea who I can call to find out availability of NNMi integration of the Insight Manager Agent?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...not screaming in terror like his passengers!