7483 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP sim associate events for clearing

Paul Debleecker
Occasional Advisor

HP sim associate events for clearing

Hi,

We are evaluating HP SIM 5.1 for monitoring of all our hp hardware and software running on it.

I did not find a possibility to associate events. So that one event clears the other one.

An example :

"Tape Library Door Opened (5013)" event happened today at 4/12/07 8:38

A few minutes later :
"Tape Library Door Closed (5014)" event happened on the same device.

HP SIM is not able to associate this and the first event stays uncleared. It has to be done manually. I would like to have the second event clear both events.

Same situation for "Link Up" and "Link down" events.

Any idea how to do this?

Regards.
12 REPLIES 12
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: HP sim associate events for clearing

There only one way to do this is to creat on event clearing ,this on OPTION>EVENTS>AUTOMATIQUE EVENTS HANDLING>MANAGE EVENTS>NEW TASK>...you creat to task to clear when it happens.

PS: DON'T FERGET TO APPLY YOU'RE POINTS, there situated next to every message in you're thread ,next to date and time as UNASSIGNED.

TY

Daniel

IF you want me to help how to do it please informe.
Paul Debleecker
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, with automatic event handling I can select to clear the event. But this clears only the "Tape Library Door Closed (5014)" itself.

Regards.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

You can designe to clear just one event or categorie of events,it is how you can creat it.

You.re mind can creat the one you want!

If you need help how to,i will help,but PLEASE APPLY YOU'RE POINTS,there situated next to every messages in this thread,next to date and time of the messages has UNASSIGNED.It shows in you're profile how many points you're given,if you apply you're points in the futur people will help faster or ignore you.

Message from HP:
1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

========================================================================

We appreciate your participation in the HP Support Forums. Thank you for helping build a positive online community.

Best Regards,
The HP Support Forums Team
Paul Debleecker
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I'm sorry. It's the first time that I use the forum. I didn't find where to apply them. But I have found it and I have assigned your points now.

I will need your help. Maybe with an example.

With the automatic event handling wizard, I see that HP SIM can clear an event (based on the collection or category) automatically when it comes in. But I cant configure to clear automatically another event : in step 4 of the wizard (see attachment) I can click 'clear event', but I don't have the possibility there to select the events that I want to clear. It only clears itself.

Please explain how you see it possible to clear other events automatically.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Ok here is exemple:
Option>Events>Automatic Event handling>New task
1_give it a name
2_Select ''use event attributes that i will specify
3_Select ''Event type'' and ''IS'' and go the one you wants Tape Library Door Opened (5013)"
4_Here you can specify a server or many server individualy,or a Groupe,if it for a backup server i would go for ''use event attributes that i will specify''
5_and then check CLEAR EVANT
6_you're done

Dan
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

oups after step 5, you go next and then FINISH then you're done!!

Dan
Paul Debleecker
Occasional Advisor

Hello Dan,

Your example will only clear the tape door opened event. Not the tape door closed.

I want to have the event tape door opened not cleared when the door is still openened but only when the event 'tape door closed' has occured.

I still think that hpsim is not able to do that with snmp events.
It can do that with own poller events : when a system is unreachable and then back reachable, the 'unreachable' event is automatically cleared.

Regards.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Ok here is exemple:
Option>Events>Automatic Event handling>New task
1_give it a name
2_Select ''use event attributes that i will specify
3_Select ''Event type'' and ''IS'' and go the one you wants Tape Library Door Opened (5013)" and "Tape Library Door Closed (5014)" ( you can select many reason here from one the all of them)
4_Here you can specify a server or many server individualy,or a Groupe,if it for a backup server i would go for ''use event attributes that i will specify''
5_and then check CLEAR EVANT
6_you're done

The answer was partiel there,oh well, this will clear open door and close doors
CLEB
Valued Contributor

This is in Proliant Storage events.