1752790 Members
6038 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM information seems not accurate

Carlos Felipe F. Fonsec
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM information seems not accurate

I'm taking over the responsibility of supporting 500 HP servers from another Company, once this one has been acquired by the company I work for.
They have HP SIM implemented. Does it provides hardware inventory so that I could identify what servers have iLO installed at least?

Thank you all,

Carlos Felipe
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM information seems not accurate

With ProLiant servers it is very well integrated into SIM, you get a column "MP" in the overview so you see at a glance which systems have iLO.
Carlos Felipe F. Fonsec
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply.
Does it show the iLOs even if they are not configured or without licenses?
I need this information because I would like to give my attention to the servers with non-configured iLOs, with connectivity problems, etc.

Thank you once more,

Carlos Felipe
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Carlos,
One of the query names on the left hand side panel should be "All management processors".
As an iLO is a management processor - this gets you all the iLOs SIM can see.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

ILOs can be discovered and used without a license. The ILO license just enables some advanced features (e.g directory integration).

If the server isn't too old it will have an ILO. So that's a starting point.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Also if the iLO is not configured (eg. no lan plugged in) you get a major health status on the system itself. When you then drill down to the system management homepage it should show that the iLO is not configured.

If you actively do *not* want to use iLO it needs to be manually disabled, or else the system will never be status green. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c01038585