1752492 Members
5515 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM

russ0311

HP SIM

Hi

I have installed HP SIM 5.3 and the VMM pack on my three vmware hosts. This is fine I get the three hosts showing the virtual machines status with a green tick. I do have a problem however that all the virtual machine guests don't show in the virtual machines list and I also don't get any information in the system type, product name and os type except for the virtual machine where HP SIM is installed. On this machine it recognoses that it's vmware and HP SIM sees it as a virtual machine.

Any idea what controls this info, the system just thinks the VM's are un managed. I tried installing the system management homepage tool but this didn't make any difference.

thanks
Russell.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM

It can get this info from WBEM, you can enter WBEM credentials either globally or specifically to the guests. Then HPSIM should be able to determine the details.

Also, have you completed the integration with Virtual Centre? It's down under Options.
russ0311

Hi Thanks for this.

Does the system management homepage need to be installed for wbem to work?

I think I have the VC integration,. I have input my info and had a successful test but then sometime I get an error.

Russell.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You don't need the SMH and you won't be able to use the VC for the guests. Mainly because there should be no HP specific drivers / FW as the guest only has generic or virtual drivers.