1753394 Members
7351 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM

Jason Chy

HP SIM

I am kind of new to the HP environment, but one thing I found out about SIM is that it might not give you all the hardware health information for all types of ProLiant servers (we have a mixtures of G2, G3, G4, G5, DL320, 360 with different array controllers and disk types: SAS, SCSI or SATA)

and we recently have some issue with a number of Proliants that some or all hard drive does not LED up, did anybody seen that issue before ?

thanks
JC
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Jason, you've been given incorrect information. There are agents available for all ProLiant servers going back to the beginning in 1993...
Jason Chy

so can SIM extract as much information from the from the embedded HP SATA controller as from a Smart Array controller ???

the HP support from India gave me the word that not all controller in the HP proLiant is created equal
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP SIM can consume whatever data is instrumented. If it isn't there, it's not HP SIM's fault it can't see it.

What specific controller are you talking about and what specific information do you want?
schottey

we have the same pb with SATA disks that are not seen on HP SIM 5.1 sp1 or even on the System Management homepage on the server (v2.1.11.197). The version of the PSP is 8.00A, and we use the embedded SATA controler.
schottey

we have the same pb with SATA disks that are not seen on HP SIM 5.1 sp1 or even on the System Management homepage on the server (v2.1.11.197). The version of the PSP is 8.00A, and we use the embedded SATA controler.