New Discussion

Re: hp system insight manager client deployment

SOLVED
Go to solution
ilay23
Occasional Advisor

hp system insight manager client deployment

hi experts

i am new to hp sim first i have deployed hp sim and when i try to deploy the psp to client through hp sim i got an error

the hp sim is dl 380 g4 deployes on windows 2003 64 bit

the client is dl 360 g5 where windows 2003 64 bit is deployed

when i try to deploy the psp on the client i get a pre-requisite error for hP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Array Notification Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions although i don't have a fiber card on the client and when i try to remove the component from vcrm i got that this component cannot be removed as it is exist in other psp 

the error is the following

System Name: client

Exit code:
Stdout:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// HP Smart Update Manager for Target 192.168.200.63 Started: Thu Jan 19 2012 16:39:43
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Starting OS Scout
Remote Target is Windows Host
Creating Session
Starting Discovery
Discovery Process Finished
No install was run, due to failed dependencies
Starting OS Scout

Installed Components: None.

Component File Name: cp009668.exe
Component Name: HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Array Notification Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions
Dependency failed. Its installation requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:
- HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the Emulex Storport Driver
- HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the Emulex Storport Driver
- HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the QLogic Storport Driver
- HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the QLogic Storport Driver
- Qlogic Fibre Channel Adapter Driver
- Emulex Fibre Channel Adapter Driver

// Exit Code for Target 192.168.200.63: -1
// HP Smart Update Manager for Target 192.168.200.63 Finished: Thu Jan 19 2012 16:39:59

4 REPLIES 4
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Regarding your second question it is not allowed (anymore) that U use the administrator account... Create a local account on the SIM server (doesn't have to be a domain account) with the appropriate rights on VCR and the repository directory (I gave local admin rights with a complex password that only I know)...

So it works fine...

Don't know about the first one... Would have to check the log files... In the installation process U can check/uncheck somewhere to install dependencies... Maybe uncheck it as a test?

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
ilay23
Occasional Advisor

hi

thanks for your answer about the second question i didn't find this check box about dependecies if you can tell me where it exist i will be thankfull 

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Now that I think further, this checkbox exists when you use Version Control Agent, it isn't there in HP SUM...

Normally the latest versions of HP SUM knows itself about dependencies...

So don't really know about the HBA driver... What if you uninstall it from Add/remove programs?

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
ilay23
Occasional Advisor

the solution was to download the latest proliant support pack and everything works ok