108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 5.1 SP1 -> 5.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
doubleH
Regular Advisor

HPSIM 5.1 SP1 -> 5.2

Having trouble with the upgrade. I'm using SQL 2005 as my current database.

If I start the upgrade process the first warning i get is the PMP is 4.3 and needs to be 4.7 or greater. I don't think I am even using this. It tells me to go to hp.com/go/pmp, but this takes me to HP Insight Control Environment.

Second and more important issue is the database configuration page. The "Use SQL/SQL Express" option is selected and "Use Existing" says MSSWLSERVER, but the database says "master" is that correct? If I open SQL Server Management Studio I see the databases...Insight_v50_0_133228604, PM_v3_0, VMM_db_v2_1.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM 5.1 SP1 -> 5.2

1) SIM installer detects the component on ur system and warn or remind u to upgrade with latest one. This warning shows u have older version of PMP installed which was part of SIM 5.1 sp1.
2)yes thats correct. It uses master as database name and MSSQLSERVER by default.
U can go ahead with upgrade all will be fine.
doubleH
Regular Advisor

thanks. the upgrade went well. how do i go about upgrade the PMP?
Change_happens
Honored Contributor
Solution

PMP u can just go to HP Insight Control Environment page and download individual comoponent and select PMP only or got to below link as i has take from there
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPPMP
doubleH
Regular Advisor

perfect!
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Thanks (point ;-)