108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 6.2 - wbem not working.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon_151
Regular Advisor

HPSIM 6.2 - wbem not working.

I have upgraded from 5.3 and now the wbem has stopped working on some of my esxi 4.0 hosts. I got this error "An association between the two systems listed below has been removed. This can happen for several reasons, the most common is that credentials have changed for one of the two systems, other causes are that the OS has been redeployed and does not have instrumentation, try running Configure and Repair Agent Settings."

The repair will fail.

When I try to subscribe to wbem events on these hosts I get an error saying wbem must be greater than or equal to 1, and that wbem is not installed. wbem is installed, and was working fine until the upgrade to 6.2.

I wanted to download the esxi 4.0 agents but acording to the document title "HP Management Agents for VMware ESX 4.x Only (Not for ESXi 4.x)" but under the Operating System(s): VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0, VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1 it shows that ESXi is supported. The file name is hpmgmt-8.5.1-vmware4x.tgz

So I am at a loss here, not sure if this will work or not, or what I need to do to fix this.

Any help is greatly apprecieated.
5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: HPSIM 6.2 - wbem not working.

Have you tried a unsubscribe followed by a subscribe with the SIM cli? I saw a similar problem after network problems and it seems to me that the two system could no longer communicate together after the unsubscribe / subscribe it worked fine again.

You also need to be sure that your pegasus WBEM indication service is running correct after the upgrade.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Some good reference for debugging ESXi integration http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02000740/c02000740.pdf
Document name:

HP VMware ESXi management environment
integration note

TC091103IN, January 2010
Jon_151
Regular Advisor

bpe,

Thanks for the info. Unsubscribe does not work either. SIM states that wbem is not installed. I will take a look at the link you provided and post back with any findings.
Jon_151
Regular Advisor

Turns out it was not SIM at all. Port 5989 (wbem) on my esxi server was closed or not responding. A reboot fixes this. I called vmware support and they said the only way to correct this was with a reboot. Even restarting all the services did not work.
Jon_151
Regular Advisor

According to vmware support a reboot was the only was to fix this issue. I ran a port scan on the esxi server and found that port 5989 was not open, when in fact it is open by default. See link below for the list of ports that are open by default.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vmware_esxi_architecture_wp.pdf