1753705 Members
4786 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM timeout issue

KKFLAU
Occasional Contributor

HPSIM timeout issue

After I saved the change for Default Timeout to 120 seconds at Global Protocol Setting, it will keep the change. But, after some time, it will change back to 2 seconds. Not sure if it is a bug from HKSIM. Anyone answered would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
KK
HPE Pro

Hi KKFLAU,

In global protocol settings there is only one timeout mentioned and i.e. for the Ping response with the discovered system.

I suspect, you are looking for the SIM web browser session timeout settings. The default timeout setting for HPE SIM web browser is 20 minutes in case there is no activity. But if the value of the parameter Change EnableSessionKeepAlive is true, then it won't timeout.

For both the above settings i.e. Ping Retries and Timeout and SIM session timeout, please follow the below actions.

A. For For ping response timeout settings:

1. Stop HPE SIM services.

2. Navigate to <SIM Installation Folder>\config\globalsettings.props and open the file in an editor.

Search for parameter IcmpTimeout and change the default value from 2 to desired one. Save and close the file.

3. Start HPE SIM services.

B. For SIM page timeout settings:

1. Stop HPE SIM services.     

2. Navigate to <SIM Installation Folder>\config\globalsettings.props and open the file in an editor.

Change EnableSessionKeepAlive=true to EnableSessionKeepAlive=false. Save the changes and close the file.

3. Navigate to <SIM Installation Folder>\jboss\server\hpsim\deploy\jboss-web.deployer\conf\web.xml and open in an editor.

Edit <session-timeout> value from default of 20 minutes to the number of minutes you want. Save the file and close it.

4. Start HPE SIM services and job is done.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
KKFLAU
Occasional Contributor

It is like the scenerio A as you mentioned.

Tried to change the value. But, it will change back after some times.

KKFLAU
Occasional Contributor

May it be the HKSIM bug? or

What may trigger the reset?

Any reply would be appreciated.

IAMLoga
Visitor

May be 120 seconds is too high and out of a valid timeout range for this parameter.

try with some smaller timeout value e.g 5 secs to start with and check the behaviour.