3240 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager 5.0 SP4 upgrade to SIM 5.1 SP1 Fails

Mark G Bradley
Occasional Contributor

Insight Manager 5.0 SP4 upgrade to SIM 5.1 SP1 Fails

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade our HP SIM server from 5.0 SP4 to 5.1 SP1, which is failing.

We have the SQL database setup on a Microsoft SQL Cluster, however when I run the installer for the upgrade/install it detects the currently installed version ok, but says the database is Master which is incorrect. The install fails due to insufficient rights to the Master database which is correct. The database options are greyed out so I cannot change these to the correct database name.

I have verified that the database is up and running by creating a new user ODBC connection to the correct database using the service account.

There is a system DSN for connection to the cluster and this works too.

I have tried the upgrade to 5.0 SP5 as well but get the same issue.

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas on what I can do to get this to access the correct database on the cluster?

Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Cindy Osborn
Valued Contributor

My install normally has Master also but it knows that the sim database is a different name. Does the account that you are using have appropriate sql rights? My account had to have sa rights in order to do the install.
brent lund

I've confirmed with HP support that it ALWAYS says 'Database:master' on the upgrade of HP SIM. This is dumb, but I went ahead with the install and it did NOT appear to create tables in my master database.

As a side note i do have the resource account setup as a SQL user with the default database as the Insight_xx_xxx databse, so it SHOULD login and touch that database if none is specified.