1753479 Members
4839 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

License problem in Insight Control Server Migration

TheSpy45

License problem in Insight Control Server Migration

Hello,

I'm trying to do a V2P using Server Migration includes with Insight Control Server, but each time I'm starting Migration Assistant it tells me no license are available, despite I have added an Insight Control license in Main console (Control Server). Is there any way to retrieve Server Migration key ?
4 REPLIES 4
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

Re: License problem in Insight Control Server Migration

go to license manager and query licensed systems and see if the target is listed?
TheSpy45

I've already configured discovery process, so both my virtual machine and my physical machine (HP Proliant) are listed. Nevertheless I had an error in the recovery process on my physical machine because no agent, or operating system are available, it is marked as Unmanaged. The iLo interface is specified as Management Processor. I've also tried to boot on Insight Control Server Migration boot CD and to run discovery process again, but it is still marked as Unmanaged.

I think that what I misunderstand is license affectation process. How could I specify a target server (destination server) where no operating system is available ?
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

if it is blade discover the OA with credential and make sure you have the correct association , server serial number, UUID etcc in system page of the server. that should do it
TheSpy45

Thanks for the reply, but it's not a Blade. I will call HP support to open a ticket.