Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753325 Members
4625 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Low disk space notifications possible from SIM???

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Low disk space notifications possible from SIM???

Is it possible to get low disk space notifications from HP SIM 5.3 for servers that are configured properly?
Right now a big majority of our production servers need to have the subscription to WBEM events pushed down. When they were built, this was not done, so I don't see a lot of the physical server specs when doing a data report which I am guessing is needed to properly get the notifications if that is even possible.

For servers that are properly set up is there a way to set it up or does HP SIM do it automatically or does it need help from MOM?
Any help would be appreciated as I am new to HP SIM.
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Re: Low disk space notifications possible from SIM???

Well digging around I found that you can go to the system management page of the "individual servers" and set thresholds on the servers themselves.
This is a step in the right direction, but can it be done globally from HP SIM itself? Seeing as we have over 600 servers doing so would be a lot of work.
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

Yes, it can be done globally. If you go to the configure menu in SIM and then to Disk Thresholds. You will then be able to set thresholds for multiple servers.

Adam
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

hum, this is an error message i get when trying to set it from HP SIM...
"Could not set the disk threshold, the agent did not accept the request."

When I went to the server itself, and set the threshold, it is set, but I am not getting any notifications. I set the:
Warning = 20
Critical = 25

Right now I have 21% free disk space on that server and getting no notifications. It is an Win08 server with PSP 8.25A.
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

Have you imported the SIM certificate into the Systems Management Homepage of the servers that you are trying to modify?
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Well that is what I was confused about. Right now I am in the middle of wiping the server to put 2003 back on.
When I was in the "client" server homepage, it said "trust by certificate" and it had the fqdn of our HP SIM server in there. Also if I looked at the HP SIM cert, the one that comes preinstalled on the SIM server, it is the same hash as when I look on the "client" server.
If that is set up do I still need to physically export the cert and import it into the "client" server? I even tried to put in the HP SIM server name and it said the cert import was successful.
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I deleted the test server out of HP SIM.

OK, 2003R2 server is up. PSP is installed and I went to the System Management Homepage of the server.
Settings>SMH>Security>trusted management servers... clicked Get Cert Information and typed the name of the HP SIM server FQDN and clicked add. Server cert was successful. Now listed under Trust Mode, Trust by Certificate is checked and when I click on Trusted Certificate it takes me back to the certs where i see the cert in FQDN format, and I click on DETAILs and it is there.

Ran a discovery from HP SIM on the test server.

Data collection report shows all hardware and services. Looking good so far.

Try to set the disk threshold critical = 25, warning = 20 and "Could not set the disk threshold, the agent did not accept the request."
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

Is WBEM enabled globally in SIM and have you set Global WBEM Credentials?
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I just installed SSH on the test server, but this is what HP SIM shows on the test server.

HTTP:, WBEM:1.0, SMH:2.0, SSH:SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.1
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Global Sign in credientals are set for a domain admin account that was created for HP SIM itself.

testserver WBEM / WMI domain/xxxx Global: Sign-in
testserver Sign-in domain/xxxx Global: Sign-in
testserver Single Sign-On Certificate HP Systems Insight Manager
testserver SSH domain\xxxx Host-based key