Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1754366 Members
4797 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Moving HP Sim 5.X

CanSteve

Moving HP Sim 5.X

Have an existing win 2K3 server running HP Sim 5.3 SP1 with a remote database on SQL 2005 server. Decomissioning the host SIM server so I need to move this and the remote database. Have detached and re-attached the database to the new SQL server, when I am prompted to point to an existing database installing SIM on another win2K3 server I keep getting an error that default or sqlexpress are not valid instances and to change the name. How do I get Sim from a fresh install to look at a remote database already in place on a SQL server in the same domain.
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

What you are doing is lot similar to a backup and restore.
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim-backingupWindows-52.pdf
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

hi,

please take a look at the followeing doc, it will help you a bit :

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/c-products/servers/management/hpsim/HowToSQL2005-sp2-MoveHPSIM53.pdf

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/c-products/servers/management/hpsim/hpsim_52_migratingNewSystem.pdf

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov

I am attempting to do the exact same thing. We have a BL460c Blade running HP ICE with HP SIM 5.3 SP1 and I need to move it to another server. I also need to move the database from one SQL 2005 server to another.

Have you been able to get it to work?