1753864 Members
7792 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mxtask problem

Frederic Crespo
Occasional Advisor

Mxtask problem

I try to create a taks with mxtask following the whitepaper on failover event handling...

However I can't create the tasks with the mxtask tool. Error message is: Grouping type of 'NodeGroup' is not allowed for queryname attribute

The queryname used to create the task is a combo collection. So far it seems that the mx utility does not work with combo collections... However it works to create it from the console.

3 REPLIES 3
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

whats the SIM version that you are using
Frederic Crespo
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM version is 6.2 with some components of HP Insight Control (Power Management)

The problem can be reproduced bu doing:
mxtask -lf taskname > dump.xml
edit xml file to modify the name of the task.
mxtask -cf dump.xml

=> this works if the queryname in the xml file points to a event query but does not if it points to a combo query. At least that's as far as I went.
Frederic Crespo
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

A little help on this problem would be much appreciated. As is I just can't implement the HP white paper on automatic failover handlind since I must create tasks on combo collections.

Apparently problem has already been reported on version 5.1 on this forum: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1160750 but has not yet been answered.