1752780 Members
6166 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

No Report Data for Server 2008 R2

Pber
Advisor

No Report Data for Server 2008 R2

When I run a Inventory or software firmware baseline report (likely others as well), I get no data returned for any of my 2008 R2 servers.  Only by 2003 servers return data.  My HPSim server is 6.3 and I'm using the latest agents.

Do others have this issue?

Is there a fix?

Thanks

Pat

4 REPLIES 4
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: No Report Data for Server 2008 R2

Post the results of an identify against such a server then also run a data collection job against it.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Pber
Advisor

I think the issue is worse than I thought.  I actually don't get any Software baseline information at all for any new server.  Any existing server has software baseline information until I do a data collection.  As soon as I do a data collection, the software baseline information is cleared.   The results for both overwrite and historical data collections are the same.  (I have the bi-weekly data collection task disabled and I just do data collections as needed).

Pber
Advisor

I queried the HPSIM database directly using the query provided from the HPSim report and it produces the same results... no baseline.  However if I look at the R_SWFWBaselineInformation table using SQL Management Studio, the baseline information is all there and up to date.  Is there an issue with the SQL statement generated from HPSIM? 

Pber
Advisor

Digging through the SQL queries and what is returned between HPSim's generated SQL and just querying the R_SWFWBaselineInformation table directly and I've found one value that seems to be the culprit.  One of the columns in R_SWFWBaselineInformation is snapshotID and HPSim always queries for a R_SWFWBaselineInformation.snapshotID = -1, however my table has values of -1 and -2.  If I change the HPSim SQL query to include both snapshotID's of -1 and -2 it works.

So I'm thinking this is a bug within HPSim.  It needs to query for not just a snapshotID of -1.