1755759 Members
2928 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion

Pre-download drivers

Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

Pre-download drivers

I want to know when SIM downloads the drivers/firmware/agents to a server prior to initiating the install. For example, if I setup a job at 3:30 Pm and I schedule it to run at 8pm that night, will SIM go ahead and push the files to the server then wait to do the install? Or will it wait until 8pm to do the push then install once the push is done? We have about a hundred servers around the world and I'm not sure how long I will need to allow for the download of support paqs and firmware. I have multiple items that get done at scheduled times and my window is small. I need to install Windows security patches and support paqs using two different pieces of software. The windows security patches are downloaded via one software and the drivers/firmware/agents by SIM. I have a small four hour window to deploy all of that and reboot the machine then have it back on line again. If I could pre-position the firmware/drivers/agents ahead of time it would make fitting everything into one windows easier.