108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with HP SIM 5.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

Problem with HP SIM 5.2

I'm using HPSIM 5.2 (latest version) which I downloaded from hp.com website.
I found some bug. I added to collection some server, msc-fs1 (192.168.1.1). Then I added to collection the second server ala-fs (192.168.1.2). The second server delete msc-fs1 from collection and change ip address - ala-fs (192.168.1.1). Why it's happened? I tried to delete both servers and add them again, but still the same problem.
I don't have this problem with others hosts.
24 REPLIES 24
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with HP SIM 5.2

You have a conflict in DNS.
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

Just know I checked DNS resolution through nslookup. The DNS server returned me two different and correct IP addresses.
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

you can discovery these server by ip range.
It should be fine 192.168.1.1 ,192.168.1.2 ans so on.
Regards.

Terence
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

192.168.* is not real ip address, I just written here as an example. In real life these two IPs from different subnets, so I can't use in this case Discovery function. It's useless, because previously I added other hosts manually without any problems.
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

At the same time, I found some items added Orphan-20-name of server, Orphan-22-name of server, Orphan-23-name of server. These items added and disabled by systems. What are they means?
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

I tried to add hosts by IP address (previously I added them by DNS name). I have the same problem! The second added host delete first added host and tooks his IP address!!! Amazing!
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

I can't add here more than 13 hosts. The newly added hosts tooks setting of previosly added hosts and delete him. Is there any limits?
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

i have some questions
- are these physically different servers?
- or is the second an alias/secondary adress of the first?

from the first name "msc..." it could be its a MicroSoftCluster member ?
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

Yes, all servers, including CMS, located in different subnets. My task monitor servers, located in some cities. These servers are regular file server (no alias, clusters, NLB, etc.,) only one static IP. MSC means Moscow, not MS cluster service :)