1755039 Members
3233 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with HP ProLiant Remote Insight Board Driver

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Problems with HP ProLiant Remote Insight Board Driver

I seem to have run into a small problem, anyone else noticed this ?

I have a load of servers, many running old RILOE-1 boards, and when upgrading these to the newest SSD 7.60 I get a status "yellow" in SIM on all servers, but when I look at the SMH on the actual server there is no error. Nor in the RILOE-board. All status is ok on server, board, and SMH, but status sent to SIM is not ok.

I'm now looking into downgrading a few of the servers to see exactly which driver I need to rollback, but I'm guessing it is the
HP ProLiant Remote Insight Board Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003 2.6.0.0 (cp005793.exe)
and that I need the 2.5.0.0 driver (cp005409.exe). But any input is welcome if anyone else has already done this ?

Or if there's something I should do in SIM possibly since the server itself claims to be fine ?
3 REPLIES 3
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with HP ProLiant Remote Insight Board Driver

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Re: Problems with HP ProLiant Remote Insight Board Driver

Yes, similar in the way that I also have yellow status, however my RILOE boards do not show up as disconnected as described in that case in the link. The RILOEs show up with all status ok, and SMH has all status ok, it is only SIM that gets incorrect status from what I can see. And I have now tried downgrading the Windows driver from 2.6.0.0 to 2.5.0.0 which seems to bring most servers that had this issue back to normal again. (Still one or two that doesn't work but I havnt checked them yet, so it could be the installation or reboot has failed)

Status from one of the RILOE boards:

Remote Insight Keyboard Cable: Connected Externally
Remote Insight Mouse Cable: Connected Externally
Virtual Power Button Cable: Connected
External Power Adapter: Connected
Remote Insight Alert Status: Enabled
Remote Insight Alerts Pending: No

NVRAM Test: Passed
Internal UART Test: Passed
NIC Test: Passed
Keyboard Test: Passed

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck