3856 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Support SW Manager loops in initiallizing

Bernd Theobalt
Advisor

Remote Support SW Manager loops in initiallizing

Hello all,

last week a customer called me that the RSSM loops in the initialization process. Today I discover the same issue on my HP-SIM Server. If I start the RSSM from the desktop, it asks me to run the initial setup. This I have done half a year ago and saw the packages last week the last time. Now, if I have finished the setup process (all the data are still presetup and visible in the input fields), after I have pressed the finish button, I am direcly at the beginning of the setup again. Reboot won't help.
Anny hint to fix this problem?

Bernd
2 REPLIES 2
MLeeper
Occasional Advisor

Re: Remote Support SW Manager loops in initiallizing

I have the exact same problem with a DL380 G3 Windows 2003 SP2 32-bit server. RSSM had been working fine until recently. Now when I start RSSM it get stuck in an initialization loop.

I'm also trying to install a new SIM server on a DL380 G5 Windows 2003 R2 SP2 64-bit server and the RSSM installation fails at the registration process. Re-installing does not work.

There were no changes to our proxy server.

I seem to remember a notice that came out from HP about a change in IP address on their end that affected this process but can't seem to find it any longer. Not sure if it had anything to do with this or not.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try next?
grvnetteam
Advisor

Re: Remote Support SW Manager loops in initiallizing

We are having the same issue. It started yesterday. I opened RSSM and it wanted to start the initialization process. Upon completing the process, it goes right back to the begining.

I am running RSSM on Win 2K3 R2 Sp2 on a DL380G5.

I must say that since the ICE 3.0 upgrade, things have gone to pot in a hurry.