1753706 Members
4782 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reporting issuse in C.06.02.00.00

Robert W. Eastman Jr._2
Frequent Advisor

Reporting issuse in C.06.02.00.00

Ever since the upgrade to the newest versions I no longer get a complete report. I have no filters on the report either. If I manually choose the server and just want to report on IP and System name, I get only a few of them that are contained in the results. Reporting worked good before the upgrade. Is this happening to anyone else? I have also noticed that since the upgrade "G6" servers will no longer communicate to the WEBES. HPSIM gets the hardware error but not WEBES. A Test Alter generates to HPSIM but nothing is reported on the back end.
Dream On Alice This Ain't Wonderland
(NTFS) No Time For Stupidity
3 REPLIES 3
CA1499584
Regular Advisor

Re: Reporting issuse in C.06.02.00.00

I have same problem, still looking why I missing so many servers event on reporting on all devices. BAD thing I will say
Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Robert,

I would like to know, that what exactly is failing at your end.
Is it :
1) Reporting itself,
2) or H/W events from WEBES.

As you stated "HPSIM gets the hardware error but not WEBES." it points out that WBES is unable to connect to HP SIM.

Also, can you please explain your last line. I might be able to help you.

Thanks,
Arunav
Robert W. Eastman Jr._2
Frequent Advisor

Arunav,

HW events are not going to the WEBES piece when we have a hardware failure. They are in HPSIM 6.2 but WEBES does not get the failure. When I send a test alert from a G6 server, it can be either a Windows server or an ESX server. I go to the System Home Page, and to the setting options and then to SNMP. I click Test Alter and it sends a test alert to HPSIM but the "System Event Analyzer (WEBES)" does not get the event.

I had a server last week that had a failed Hard Drive. HP SIM had the failed event but WEBES did not. I thought it might have to do with the agents on the ESX box so I uninstalled them and reinstalled them. HPSIM got the event about the failed hardware but the WEBES piece did not. Mystery. I have checked and recheked all the SNMP information and had others review it also and we can find anything wrong with that. So I have to assume that the new ersion of HPSIM is to blame. This started happening when the WEBES piece updated itself a few weeks back and then we updated the software hoping this would be the fix, but it was not.

On the reporting problem, I can even take one of the canned reports that is in HPSIM and it will return only a handful of servers not all 158 that we have.
Dream On Alice This Ain't Wonderland
(NTFS) No Time For Stupidity