5044 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sending events from HPSIM to other tools as SNMP traps

SidR
Occasional Visitor

Sending events from HPSIM to other tools as SNMP traps

Hello All

we are using HPSIM for harware monitoring and CA UIM Infrastructure manager, Now we want to integrate HPSIM with UIM via SNMP traps.

About HPSIM (It is receiving traps from ILOs and converting them to events) now we want those event to be sent to UIM as traps.,,I need help with that..How can i do that.. Also what sort of oid's would it use to send all the events as traps?

only the HPSIM enterprise id (.1.3.6.1.4.1.232- Trap oid etc) or it may user various iso's

someone please help me with all the question. I am really having a hard time understanding that and i am new to HPSIM so does not know much, Please help me out

2 REPLIES 2
SidR
Occasional Visitor

the hardwares that i want to monitor are power supply , RAID, switches, Network card, Fans, Memory, RACK

KK
HPE Pro

Hi SidR,

From HPE SIM one can forward the SNMP traps received in HPE SIM to any other application capable of receiving the SNMP traps.

In HPE SIM, browse to Options > Events > Automatic Event Handling to create a new task or manage the existing task. From the task, under select actions check for Forward as SNMP trap and provide the trap destination and complete the task.

One can select the types of systems and types of events to be forwarded while creating/editing the AEH task.

For more information, please refer HPE Systems Insight Manager 7.6 User Guide.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo