Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753771 Members
4743 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

SIM 7.00 incorrectly detecting Windows server as needing "Online ROM Flash for Linux"

HotFix
Visitor

SIM 7.00 incorrectly detecting Windows server as needing "Online ROM Flash for Linux"

Greetings

We have a few HP DL380 G7 servers, 3 of which are showing yellow exclamation points under "SW" because SIM believes they need "Online ROM Flash for Linux - Power Management Controller (ML/DL G6 Servers) (English (US)" Version 2.9D because it believes they have version 1.6 of that installed.

I checked the VCA on all of our HP DL380 G7 servers and they all report the following entry:

Power Controller - PowerController                       Installed Version 1.6 (nothing under Support Pack or Latest Version).

Sufficed to say I can't run a Linux update on a Windows server. I tried to install the Windows version of this firmware, cp011310.exe, and the update comes back and says the following:

"The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system.

This system does not have a Power Management Controller."

I tried reapplying the 1.6B firmware on the servers to see if that would reset things, and it noted it was already installed but let me reapply it and reboot. No dice.

Every time I made any change, I would re-run "Data Collection..." w/ Overwrite, Software Status polling, and Hardware Status polling.

This is only happening to 3 of our DL380 G7s in SIM, but not all. The rest don't even list the 1.6 version firmware under View System Software.

Anyone have any idea on how to get these 3 servers to look like the others where the the firmware isn't even reported under the System Software, and subsequently SIM will stop showing a yellow caution side under "SW" for them?