5910 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM discover server double

Mario Glaum

SIM discover server double

All,

after update to SIM 5.2sp2 we have many server
double in our SIM, how can I remove this entry?

Version: Systems Insight Manager 5.2 with SP2 - Windows Build version: C.05.02.02.00
Build date: 2008-07-04 10:23

Thanks,
Andreas
11 REPLIES 11
VRC
Valued Contributor

Do re-identification on all the servers. It will merge the servers if they are same.
mark q
Regular Advisor

same thing here.. I'm getting servers with ip addresses and the names are in there too?
Jeff_L
Occasional Advisor

I opened a case with HP about this item and they acknowledged an issue with discovery since the release of SP2. I'm told they are working on a hotfix but would not give me a timeline. Seems to be specific to SP2.

The workaround is to turn off the discovery option "Automatically discover a system when an event is received from it". You will need to manually discover a server if you do not want to wait for your scheduled discovery to run.
Marc Patzig
Advisor

Hy,
having similary problem.
Different servers are discovered as one with different IPs.
After each discover the name changes to that one wich was last discovered.
See thread: 'SIM Server reports wrong IP'

Cheers Marc
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I am having the same trouble with 4 of my iLOs. Each have different names and IP addresses, DNS is correct. THe management processor page for each server shows the correct information. When I discover A, it has the correct IP. When I discover B, A disappears, and B shows both IP addresses on its system page. When I discover C, B dissappears and C shows all three IP addresses. It is only happening with 4 out of about 120. I am running Sims 5 SP2 on Server 2003 SP2 on a blade.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The index key in the database is based on serial number. If 2 systems have the same S/N (due to motherboard swaps) then this can happen. Proper operation requires a unique S/N.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply David. That is one strange thing about this, all 4 of these iLOs are in servers that have had motherboard replacement. However, when we replaced the boards, we went into the BIOS and entered the serial number of the cage, so they should all be unique. They are all reporting with different serial numbers in SIMS. The curious thing is that I did not have this issue with 5.1.
Bill Coulson

I would suggest you select all servers that are doubled up (put a tick in the box beside the mutiple entries) and press the delete button on the bottom right of the screen.

Then select the "options" drop down and select "discover" and re-add the server(s) in.
Thomas Davidson
Occasional Contributor

I am having a simular issue where once discovered, an ILO will grab other ILO's and use multiple IP's for a single ILO, whereas it should be a seperate ILO for each. I have checked the serial numbers (from the sim interface), and they do not match.

Is this specific to SP2, and is there anything that can be done in the interim, other than turning DSI off, which I have done as well.