3890 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM Discovery - Serial Numbers

Lisa Paxton
Advisor

SIM Discovery - Serial Numbers

Hello,

I did my initial discovery, the job is disabled and under All Servers I have deleted all of the entries which have just the serial number rather than the server name. Everytime I delete the entries they come straight back, I did manage to remove them permanently previously but I have forgotten how

Please help!
5 REPLIES 5
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM Discovery - Serial Numbers

are there c-class servers in your network? if so then entries come when you discover you OA. those serial number will be corrected if you discover those servers by their IP.

Note: so when you discover a OA it creates all components in it including server and switches as logical devices because it has all serial number and few basic info about them.and those devices display as serial number of those devices. As OA doesnt know ip address of these devices it can not discover them physically.
so to resolve it you shoud discover those devices by their IP now. all serial numbers will be resolve by machine name or IP.
Bernd Theobalt
Advisor

Have you discovered ILO boards but not the corresponding server as well? Look at the ILO boards, you may can find the server where it is installed and the serial number of that server. Discover that server and the serial number of that server will disappear and you will see the hostname in HP-SIM.

Best regards,

Bernd
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Hi Lisa

To disable this feature, in SIM go to Options -> Discovery -> Configure general settings. There you can untick the box 'Discover systems in an enclosure when Onboard Administrator is discovered' and it should stop adding unwanted blades.
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Thanks Michael,

I will give that a go, sounds like it will do the trick

Regards
Lisa
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Me again, Ok I realised that the Serial numbers which were appearing are for servers out of my realm and ones I do not wish to monitor. Is there a way to disclude these Blades from SIM on an individual basis?

Regards
Lisa