1748180 Members
3898 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SIM (ICE) upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0 Fails on Deployment Server authentication

FrankW
Frequent Advisor

SIM (ICE) upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0 Fails on Deployment Server authentication

Running 6.31 on Windows.  When trying to upgrade to 7.0, the installer verifies the install directory location (which cannot be changed during an upgrade), then asks for credentials for the Deployment Server service. The credentials validation always fails even though logged in under that account and it is member of local administrators.

The error is: The specified Deployment Server service account credentials are not valid on the local system.

It's an AD domain account, member of Domain Admins, and also Local Administrators.  There is no getting past that prompt to continue with the upgrade.

I uninstalled the Deployment server, in order to proceed with the upgrade, did the upgrade, installed the deployment server manually, but returning to the ICE install afterwards leads to exactly the same problem.

Help!

6 REPLIES 6
shocko
Honored Contributor

I have seen poorly written installers in  the past that only recognize accounts as administrators if they are named in the local administrators group explicitly (i.e.. Not in a nested group). Try adding the account explicitly.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
FrankW
Frequent Advisor

shocko - I wish.  the account is listed explicitly already, no joy.

I've tried a few things but nothing is working.

shocko
Honored Contributor

I assume time etc. is in sync?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
FrankW
Frequent Advisor

Indeed the time is correct and well sync'd to the DC's.

I have continued to try different tricks but nothing is working.

jsgjm

create a local account that matches the domain account and add to the local admins.  If you make sure the password is the same as the domain account the installer will work...i have used this methode on 3 server upgrades in the past two days.

thx

kortemi
Advisor

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem, only it's the Systems Insight Manager that fails, with the message "The specified service account credentials are not valid".

I am logged in the server using the service account credentials, the HP Systems Insight Manager service runs with this account, database account is another domain account.

Having logged in as the service account,  I can open and run SIM 6.3, have checked and edited the globalsettings.props and dbsettings.props (hope that name is correct), and in general gone over all possible options that I can think of - no luck.

I now even tried setting up the local account, verified the account name is the same as the domain account, and that the password was the same as well, but no change - the error remains. 

Anyone any ideas? I am getting desperate....