5342 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sim6 : MP not showing the IP address and an other question

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

sim6 : MP not showing the IP address and an other question

Hello.
I had some devices in SIM6 not showing the IP address. The HS icon was however green. One is a Riloe, the others are Dell's DRAC4.

I have deleted them from the console, wait 20 minutes then added them back using the mxnode -a command.

I mention that before adding a device in sim, I update the drivers/etc/hosts file with the ip address and the name of the device.

After a moment, the devices appear in Sim, the type is correctly identified (Drac 4, riloe) but again with no associated IP address, the field is empty.

Questions:
- do you know how to manage this issue ?
- is there a setting for preventing SIM to automatically discover a ilo/riloe when the server is in the console ?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
LakshmiBN
Advisor

Try disabling the option "automatically discover server node when iLO is discovered" under general settings and then discover server. this should not trigger ilo discovery
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Thank you LakshmiBN, that solved the discovery of unconfigured ilos that were displayed by Sim.

I search a bit more and found the ilos with a missing IP address were duplicates of existing devices.
I removed the ones without IP addresses and they didn't come back.

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

The systems with no IP addresses were dupplicates entries. I removed the ones with no IP addresses and didn't added them, no more issue since.