1748259 Members
3652 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP or Webem

Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

SNMP or Webem

I have to monitor a Win 2003 SP2 server running on a desktop with no SNMP service installed or HP WMI agents so my SIM 6.01 server cant detect it after a discovery for obvious reasons.

Since this is a HP desktop and not going to run any form of PSP would I be best installing SNMP and configuring it to send traps to the SIM server or is there a WMI package I can install so I can use WEBEM instead?

Does this make sense?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

Sorry WBEM not Webem!!!
LakshmiBN
Advisor

Since you want to discover desktop, it is better to install SNMP.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Rosco,

Use repair agent option from task menu and select SNMP or WEBEM. this will install and configure the required components on client machines automatically.

Thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

>>>Use repair agent option from task menu and select SNMP or WEBEM. this will install and configure the required components on client machines automatically

Thanks for the information. I need to get SNMP installed on all the servers that dont have it first. Where's that i386 folder when you need it?

When you say it will configure the client, I wasnt aware the repair function could add the required trap settings, is this so?
Ali
HPE Pro

that's right. repair agent task works like a charm.

It will first check and install the missing components/agent including SNMP or WEBEM

If you are just taking SNMP, it will install the SNMP first then it will configure the SNMP trap settings on the client machine as per HP SIM SNMP configuration.

this will also ensure that client on which repair task is run has all the required service running (e.g. SNMP service)

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Change_happens
Honored Contributor

>>>>Thanks for the information. I need to get SNMP installed on all the servers that dont have it first. Where's that i386 folder when you need it?

SNMP comes with windows, you need windows disk that actually contains i386 folder.