1762887 Members
1441 Online
108909 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Strange Installation Issue...

pabloheitmeyer
Occasional Contributor

Strange Installation Issue...

[screenshot attached] This happened when I installed SIM on another network and I never figured it out so I had to install SQL 2005 locally, which I did not want to do. Same thing this time. At the beginning of the install during the database configuration, when selecting 'use sql/sql express' (I have SQL 2005 installed on a remote computer in the same subnet), the installer pops up a "The specified database account credentials are not valid". However, the credentials, password, domain, host, and port are valid, and I can create a system DSN from the same computer I am running the install on to the SQL server without a problem using those credentials. I have tried copying and pasting the password, changing the domain by adding the .com, adding the dns suffix to the computer name, using the host ip address, and most combos. Both computers are on the domain, and the instance name is MSSQLSERVER (default). If anyone has experienced this issue before, and/or has any ideas on how to workaround or solve, I would be very appreciative.
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Check to make sure the SQL browser service is running.
pabloheitmeyer
Occasional Contributor

Yes the SQL Browser Service is running. Thx for the troubleshooting assist. Any other ideas? :)