108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Strange issue in SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
chrisrice80
Occasional Contributor

Strange issue in SIM

I have just upgraded to SIM 6.0 and I have a strange issue with some iLO associations.

I have one iLO that thinks it is managing 11 servers. I have tried re discovering the ilos and the servers but still have the same issue although the ilo that is associated to the servers may change.

The correct ilos for these servers have been discovered but are not associated to any servers.

All of the servers are blades but they are in different enclosures. The only things I can see that link the servers are that at one time or another in there life they have had there system board replaced and they now have UUIDs that have 12 leading zeros.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Strange issue in SIM

When the system boards were replaced the tech should have programmed the electronic serial number. Access the ROM-Based Setup Utility and enter them so they match the physical serial number on the label. This is the information that HP SIM will use to associate the iLO with the server and is required for proper operation.
shocko
Honored Contributor

I have seen this many times. You need to ensure that the correct Serial/Product Number have been entered in the BIOS of the affected servers as David mentions. Countless times techs have replaced boards and forget to do this which also in many cases means that SIM loses the contract/warranty info for the at server also
:(
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
chrisrice80
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot I did think this might be the case was hoping there might be another way round it.

Looks like I better start arranging some down time...
shocko
Honored Contributor

If the systems are windows 2008 you may eb able to do this online with the conrep.exe utility form the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit for Windows. It's designed to run in WinPE 2.1 but if you can get the drivers loaded into Windows Full, then you may be able to change the serial but i'm only speculating here, i haven't looked into it in detail.
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)