1752812 Members
5596 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SysFaultMgmt 04.00.04.02 on 11.11

NMCI Group
Advisor

SysFaultMgmt 04.00.04.02 on 11.11

I'm running SIM 5.2sp2 on the CMS and it is working fine with HPUX 11.23 clients. However, it isn't working so well with HPUX 11.11 clients. I can get my client discovered, subscribed to WBEM events, and even send in a test event. It gets all the way through to the back-end HP servers. The problem is the SFMProviderModule gets into a funky state shortly after sending a test event.

cimprovider -ls
MODULE STATUS
OperatingSystemModule OK
ComputerSystemModule OK
ProcessModule OK
IPProviderModule OK
SDProviderModule OK
HP_UtilizationProviderModule OK
SFMProviderModule Degraded

If I stop and restart the provider it will work for a little bit and then either go back to this state or go to a status of "OK Stopped" at which point you can no longer stop or start it. /opt/sfm/log/sfm.log shows the following errors over and over:

08/07/08 14:10:58 ConsolidatedStatusProvider WARNING 13148 2 Internal error enumerating members:CIM_ERR_FAILED: Inventory is being built currently. Please try after some time.

08/07/08 14:10:58 HealthStateProvider WARNING 13148 8 Retrieval of GroupOperationalStatus failed for one or more subsystems.

08/07/08 14:18:22 ConsolidatedStatusProvider ERROR 13148 2 Internal error during DeleteInstance for:CIM_IndicationSubscription CIM_ERR_NOT_FOUND: CIM_IndicationSubscription

Anyone else experiencing this?
2 REPLIES 2
Sundar G
Frequent Advisor

Hi NMCI Group,

I am also facing the same issue, like you stated, often SFMP goes degraded,

# ./cimprovider -ls
MODULE STATUS
OperatingSystemModule OK
ComputerSystemModule OK
ProcessModule OK
IPProviderModule OK
SDProviderModule OK
HPUXLVMProviderModule OK
HPUXSCSIProviderModule OK
#

Same is my case. i just disabled and enabled back SFMP it worked fine , but no guarentee how long it will work. Finally i may get , "SFMProviderModule OK Stopped".

In those case, i used to reinstall SFMP while it stopped. Need to find out the cause and the permenant solution
i) for degradation not to happen,
ii) for starting SFMProviderModule once after stopped.

Any one here to help me please?

Regards

Sundar

HP-UX User_1
Frequent Advisor

HP System Fault Management (SFM) Software - New Version of SFM Fixes SFMProviderModule Degraded Issue
ISSUE:
In the HP-UX 11i v1 operating system (11.11), the SFMProviderModule would go to a degraded state.

# cimprovider -l -s

MODULE STATUS
OperatingSystemModule OK
ComputerSystemModule OK
ProcessModule OK
IPProviderModule OK
SDProviderModule OK
HP_NParProviderModule OK

SOLUTION:
This is a known problem and has been resolved by installing the latest version of SFM v A.04.01.01.

It can be downloaded from the Software Depot. Click here for the Software Depot: http://www.software.hp.com -> search for SFM. The installation guide is also located at the Software Depot. Check the guide for dependencies and requirements.