108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Troy DeHaven
Advisor

System Management Homepage

When I open the system management homepage it times out and doesn't open up correctly. I have all the services up and running under the local system account.

Any ideas why this is happening?
3 REPLIES 3
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage

SMH timeouts are caused by participating applications not responding in a timely manner. Several possible reasons for this, for SNMP applications like the web agents it could be because of incorrect SNMP settings. For version control the VCA will time out if it is not properly configured with a VCRM repository. If it cannot find a VCRM it will timeout.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Troy DeHaven
Advisor

Is there any specific SNMP settings that I should be looking for. The page has worked in the past and since upgrading I have found this problem happening more frequently. I am at version 7.41.0.0 for the homepage.
Craig Boeker
Solution

With recent versions of SMH there should be information in the log to indicate what web application is causing the slowdown. The log line will look like:

UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 30s [breakdown: ACU-XE(HP Array Configuration Utility): 0s || dataprotection(Protect Your Data): 0s || hmanics(HP Management Agents for Servers (NIC component)): 0s || hmaserv(HP Management Agents for Servers (Server component)): 0s || forceteimout(CHP load timeout tool): 30s || webagent(HP Management Agents for Servers (foundation component)): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

This can be used to figure out where to look for the slowdown. If all the SNMP-related pieces (HP Management Agents for Servers (xxxx component)) are slow and/or not responding then SNMP configuration is the place to look (make sure there is a community string with at least read access configured on the system). If the Version Control Agent is taking a long time then it is probably not configured correctly or unable to communicate with its configured VCRM.